About this event
Meadows Marathon is a student led annual charity running event, produced in association with ESCA. The full day running event includes a 5K, 10K, Half Marathon, Full Marathon and Relay Option. With the races starting in Bristo Square and looping around the Meadows in Edinburgh. Delivering Meadows Marathon takes a team of volunteers. Without these amazing individuals, the event would not be possible. The event will take place Sunday 3rd March 2024.
We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to come along and support the 'running' of the event (pun intended but please note that as a volunteer no running is required).
Volunteer roles include:
- Area Marshals Team - Help direct people (including runners, general public and cyclist) around the meadows, look out for everyone's safety, cheer on runners!
- Refreshment Station Team - Serve refreshments to runners, cheer on runners & keep areas tidy.
- Registration/Baggage/Medals Team(s) - ensure runners get checked in, support baggage storage and organisation, distribute medals/t-shirt, manage queues.
There will also be a limited number of Team Leads. This role requires looking out for your group of team members welfare, answering team members queries and encouraging them throughout the day.
Volunteers are expected to:
- Be team players, helping out where needed, including assisting with event set up and tiding up.
- Be friendly and approachable, including answering questions from general public and directing runners.
- Have fun and enjoy cheering people on.
Commitment to volunteering with us on the day includes attending a training day. We think that volunteering with us is a great opportunity to boost confidence, work as part of a team (or lead one), and boost the CV. We encourage applications from everyone, and will try to accommodate those who may need adjustments, though please note that most of our roles do require volunteers to be outdoors throughout the day, and communicate effectively with general public.
To apply, please click here: https://forms.office.com/pages/responsepage.aspx?id=aEHAhawTakqot_8xy2UveouaG5HxiRNDh4gNzev8oHBUMVdPM1pKS04xM01GVzRNRFpMQkRLTzZVMS4u
Any questions please don't hesitate to let me know, Judi - Volunteers Officer firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject FAO Volunteers.