If you already have a My Volunteer Account, please sign in below. If not, you can sign up for a free account.
To support hospital staff to enhance patient experience.
Core Duties include:
· To listen to and talk with patients and assist them with reading newspapers and correspondence.
· To help ward staff with provision of refreshments for patients and visitors, as required.
· To help patients complete menus.
· To provide companionship to patients who may have few visitors.
· To wear an ID badge at all times while on duty.
· Respecting confidentiality, maintaining the persons dignity and comply with the NHS Tayside Confidentiality Policies.
· To comply with NHS Tayside volunteering policies and guidelines.
· To be aware of and comply with NHS Tayside policies relevant to the role eg Health & Safety, Infection Prevention Control, Social Media etc.
· To feed back any concerns regarding the wellbeing of patients to nursing staff in the first instance.
· To attend mandatory training as required.
These are the primary core duties of a Befriender/Ward Support Volunteer, however certain activities can be changed or amended to suit requirements, under the supervision of the Senior Charge Nurse, Senior Ward Member or Voluntary Services Team.
Travel expenses reimbursed.
Please fill out this form to register your interest in the opportunity Befriending & Ward Visitor - Centre for Brain Injury Rehabilitation with Roxburghe House
Vicky Davidson, Roxburghe House
A copy will be sent to the organisation that supports volunteering in Dundee:
Thank you for registering your interest in Befriending & Ward Visitor - Centre for Brain Injury Rehabilitation with Roxburghe House.
Roxburghe House has been sent your details and message, they will respond to you at the email address you provided.
Something has gone wrong, please let us know about this issue at email@example.com quoting reference #VO95970.