If you already have a My Volunteer Account, please sign in below. If not, you can sign up for a free account.
This role will support the routine activity of Alzheimer Scotland’s Dementia-Cafes, providing a warm welcome to those who use the facility. People living with dementia, their family and friends and anyone with an interest in dementia can attend these D- Cafes. The role may vary but is likely to include;
· Offering and providing refreshments to the people who attend.
· Listening and interacting with people living with dementia, family members and the general public who attend the D-Cafe.
· Where appropriate signpost to Alzheimer Scotland staff or other services that may be helpful.
· Monitoring cafe supplies (e.g. tea, coffee, biscuits) and arrange ordering or buying as required, in accordance with the local procedure in place for doing so.
· Keeping up to date with Alzheimer Scotland news and their work across Scotland.
They are keen to hear from individuals who would describe themselves as confident communicators, with good listening and interpersonal skills and with the ability to recognise and respect the rich diversity that exists within our communities.
Tayport at The Larick Centre, Shanwell Road, Tayport - DD6 9EA
Public transport expenses and mileage (45p per mile) will be reimbursed on a monthly basis.
The volunteer with have a volunteer induction training session with the Volunteer Co-Ordinator as well as on-going training relevant to the role including Dementia Friends training/Brain Health training etc. Volunteers will also be made aware of the organisational values, policies/procedures and guidelines and will be expected to follow these accordingly.
Minimum age: 18
Volunteers (aged 18-25) taking part in this opportunity are eligible to claim Saltire Awards hours for their activity.
Find out more
Please fill out this form to register your interest in the opportunity Dementia Information (D) Cafe Helpers - Tayport with Alzheimer Scotland (Fife)
Your message will be sent to the organisation that manages volunteering in the Fife region:
Thank you for registering your interest in Dementia Information (D) Cafe Helpers - Tayport with Alzheimer Scotland (Fife).
Alzheimer Scotland (Fife) has been sent your details and message, they will respond to you at the email address you provided.
Something has gone wrong, please let us know about this issue at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference #VO96268.