If you already have a My Volunteer Account, please sign in below. If not, you can sign up for a free account.
We are currently seeking a new finance director to join our board and we hope to find someone who has experience of financial management and accountancy. Our current finance director will remain on the board and will be a source of support for the new finance director. We would like our Board to be representative of our local community and so would welcome approaches from people who live locally or have lived experience of issues facing our clients. We encourage applications from all sectors of the community and you do not need to have board experience to apply, we will support you with tailored training based on your level of experience.
Role and responsibilities:
As well as bearing all the fiduciary duty of a board officer, the finance director is the person specifically entrusted with management of the bureau funds. They will deal with much of the day-to-day financial business and will play a key role in planning a clear fundraising strategy. The finance director is also responsible for ensuring that accurate records are maintained and the board is informed of all relevant financial matters.
The tasks associated with this post are:
• liaising with and advising the Manager and Board on financial matters
• controlling and accounting for the bureau’s finances, ensuring that full financial records are kept for all
transactions and carrying out all approved banking transactions
• liaising with the payroll administrator on monthly salary payments to paid staff
• ensuring that proper financial procedures and accounting practice are in place to safeguard the bureau’s
• preparing financial statements for board meetings and for the annual general meeting
• liaise with the appointed Independent examiner for the annual review of accounts
• preparing an annual budget and advising the board of its financial requirements for the year ahead
Please fill out this form to register your interest in the opportunity Finance Director & Treasurer with Peebles and District Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB)
Your message will be sent to the organisation that manages volunteering in the Scottish Borders region:
Thank you for registering your interest in Finance Director & Treasurer with Peebles and District Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB).
Peebles and District Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) has been sent your details and message, they will respond to you at the email address you provided.
Something has gone wrong, please let us know about this issue at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference #VO98380.