If you already have a My Volunteer Account, please sign in below. If not, you can sign up for a free account.
About Pain Concern:
Pain Concern is a charity providing information and support to people with pain and
those who care for them, whether family, friends or healthcare professionals. Visit our
website to find out more about what we do, including our Airing Pain radio
programme, Pain Matters magazine, information helpline, community pain education
sessions and our research and campaigning work.
All pain is unpleasant, but for the 7.8 million people in the UK living with long-term pain
it is a part of everyday life. It diminishes quality of life more than any other condition,
leading often to loss of work, depression and disability. Anyone at any age can develop
persistent pain and you will very probably know somebody affected. Although there is
usually no cure, people who receive the appropriate treatment, information and support
can manage their condition effectively with life-changing results
Purpose of Volunteer Role
Pain Concern could not exist without our volunteers. We are looking for someone with
an interest in chronic paint o help raise funds for Pain Concern by coordinating
What would you be doing:
• Maintain communications those fundraising in aid of Pain Concern and provide
• With support from the Fundraising Team, Fundraising Steering Group and your
fellow volunteers, help to plan and deliver events and activities to raise funds
• Send out fundraising packs
• Liaise with Media Team for publicising fundraisers and events
• Maintain a list of fundraising opportunities such as walks and marathons
• Help develop and maintain the fundraising section of Pain Concern’s website
• Research opportunities to promote community fundraising
• Develop links with local businesses
• Research and organise local fundraising events
• Recruit community fundraisers to support events in their area
• Attend events organised by our fundraisers as the ‘face’ of Pain Concern
• Maintain a database of contact and other ad hoc admin support for the team as
Is this role right for me:
We are looking for an individual who possesses some or all of the below
experiences, skills and qualities.
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience in event management
• Interest in chronic pain
• Ability to work flexibly with enthusiasm and commitment
• Strong IT skills and knowledge of MS Office
Availability and location
Minimum commitment of 6 months.
Minimum 2-3 hours per week.
Hybrid volunteering from our office at Newcraighall Road, Edinburgh EH15 3HS or from
your own location.
Benefits to you:
• Experience volunteering as part of a friendly team
• Meet new people
• Build on your employability skills
• Training and a dedicated volunteer line manager looking after you
• A job reference after 6 months of volunteering.
• Satisfaction of giving a valuable service to the community
• On-site car parking
• Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with our
How do I apply:
Download and complete an application form our website at
For more information please contact email@example.com
Please fill out this form to register your interest in the opportunity Fundraising & Events Officer with Pain Concern
Samantha Mason, Pain Concern
Thank you for registering your interest in Fundraising & Events Officer with Pain Concern.
Pain Concern has been sent your details and message, they will respond to you at the email address you provided.
Something has gone wrong, please let us know about this issue at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference #VO99425.