If you already have a My Volunteer Account, please sign in below. If not, you can sign up for a free account.
About Pain Concern:
Pain Concern is a charity providing information and support to people with pain and those who
care for them, whether family, friends or healthcare professionals. Visit our website to find out
more about what we do, including our Airing Pain radio programme, podcasts, Pain Matters
magazine, information helpline, and our research and campaigning work.
All pain is unpleasant, but for the 7.8 million people in the UK living with long-term pain it is a
part of everyday life. It diminishes quality of life more than any other condition, leading often to
loss of work, depression and disability. Anyone at any age can develop persistent pain and you
will very probably know somebody affected. Although there is usually no cure, people who
receive the appropriate treatment, information and support can manage their condition
effectively with life-changing results.
To make sure that information needs within Pain Concern are met, including those of
the Media, Editorial, Helpline and Forum. To support other departments with research,
data analysis and compiling reports.
What you would be doing:
• Monitor, update and optimize lists of resources for signposting including the
Pain Concern Factsheet, the website resources page and embedded website
• Create and maintain short descriptions about Pain Concern and its activities for
use in publications and databases
• Keep up-to-date with developments in pain, from research publications and
news media and disseminate this info to rest of organisation, including Media
and Policy Teams
• Send relevant information to the Editorial team for inclusion in the magazine
notes and elsewhere
• Monitor and supply information needs for Helpline and Forum
• Assist in data analysis, research and report or abstract writing, relating to
Helpline and other services
• Maintain database of Pain Concern publications and information produced by
• Manage inboxes for public comment and general information requests
• Maintain the list of those Media Volunteers who are willing to take part in
surveys, media interviews etc.
Is this role right for me?
We are looking for:
• Strong research skills
• Experience of writing reports and abstracts
• Attention to detail
• Strong communication skills
• Well organised
• Knowledge of databases, indexing, cataloguing, referencing
• Knowledge/Interest of chronic pain and long-term conditions
• Experience of working with corporate identity and house style
• Experience of providing health related information and support to members
of the public
• Understanding of websites, Twitter, Facebook, and other forms of
Availability and location:
• Minimum commitment of 3 months
• Minimum 2-3 hours per week
• Volunteer from our office at Newcraighall Road, Edinburgh EH15 3HS
Benefits to you:
• Experience volunteering as part of a friendly team, supported by a professional
• Meet new people
• Build on your employability skills
• Training and a dedicated volunteer line manager looking after you
• A job reference after 3 months of volunteering.
• Satisfaction of giving a valuable service to the community
• On-site car parking
• Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with our Volunteer
Please fill out this form to register your interest in the opportunity Information Officer Volunteer with Pain Concern
Samantha Mason, Pain Concern
Thank you for registering your interest in Information Officer Volunteer with Pain Concern.
Pain Concern has been sent your details and message, they will respond to you at the email address you provided.
Something has gone wrong, please let us know about this issue at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference #VO99427.